Thursday, September 09, 2004

My Wish List

I obviously do not know how to run the budget for Malaysia.

But i think I am entitled to have my own wish list. Wish list is like an arsehole, everyone should have one.

  1. I hope the ciggarete price in Malaysia will go up (grinning). I am just a social smoker and don't smoke a lot. But the ciggie price in Singapore is S$9.50. THAT IS AROUND RM20 maaaannnn! I get very upset when I go back to KL and find that ciggie is only er..er....RM 5 (?) per packet. That is CRIMINAL. It is too cheap. So, I hope the government increases the price to RM9.50. (Junior %^#T$&*^*$$*&^(#*).
  2. I hope the government is not giving any more goodies to the tech industry. That is so "sian" already (including biotech). People who want to come set up IT thingie here would have done so. If they are coming, that won't be because another tax break.
  3. I hope the government will maintain its spending. Dun increase it and dun decrease the spending. This year, hopefully we will have more "NET" money to spend because less money go into the pocket of someone along the way. But I hope money will be spent on more education, art and cultural (besides Batik, there is no art industry), security (get more police) and medical. In other words, we should shift the focus from more 'economy' base to more 'social'.

If Ah Wi (er...that is our PM. We are very close) feels like being generous, I hope he will reduce the corporate tax. 28% is too much lah.....

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home