Sunday, September 05, 2004

A bias blog

I believe everyone is bias to a certain extent. But if you want to be bias, you must be bias in a clever way. So that you will not be seen as a person who 'build his car behind a closed door'. Otherwise some will write you off.

Jeffooi is certainly one who is building his car behind a closed door.

I certainly do not agree with him re the expat issue (u see, I can agree with the singaporean girl but not jeff).

I remember the day when I had to put up with the services of Mega TV, Celcom, Adam, TM Touch and shit like that when SERVICE was NON-EXISTENT in Malaysia. I've lived old enough to believe that COMPETITION is very very important for one to improve.

COMPETITION COMPETITION COMPETITION is the maxim for a healthy economy. It is just like the 'location location location' maxim by Sir Harrod Samuel for property. Or (Miss Ling, my primary english teacher cannot tahan liao, she stood out and said, 'NEVER start a sentence with preposition'. But she forgot that I had left school many years ago), 'Inflation Inflation Inflation' emphasised by Alan Greenspan.

There are millions of maxis subscribers, if you pick one by one, you surely will find some dissatisfied customers etc. But if you do the same to other companies like TALAM, MAS, etc. you will find that more than 50% are unhappy.

I am very grateful that Jaya Jusco comes to our country. Our super market industry has become much more competitive in terms of pricing and after sales service (remember Parkson???).

I am very grateful for having Maxis and DIGI (well, they are still local. they just have more expats) because other operators now have to buck up to lure customers.

I am very grateful for having Citibank (although they bloody hell charge me RM 100+ for my credit card and waived it after I threaten to cancel :P), because I have kena by RHB and Maybank.

Many local companies are simply not in the same league (in terms of providing QUALITY service) with some foreign companies. You have to hand it to some Gweilos (not all) for making sure that better services are provided to consumers.

In terms of dwelling on the micro on a case by case basis. Let's think of the bigger picture.

Let's face it and ACCEPT it. Instead of complaining and say 'wei, dun give job to them lahhhh...WE local can do the same JOB', Lets BUCK UP and DO something about IT. Compete with them!

Tell them:-

'Game ON, Gweilo'

I have met many Malaysians who work as investment bankers/lawyers in Hong Kong, Singapore and US. They go, not because they dun like their country, not because they had no opportunies in Malaysia (well, they have plenty of business ideas and could do so easily). Many go (er...er..money is good also lah) wanting to prove to others that we can do a similar job if NOT BETTER. If there is no opportunity in Malaysia, GO OFFENSIVE. Go to their country to work and increase their unemployment rate! If then we realise that many local talents go oversea and never come back, then tilt the policy and MARKET WILL ADJUST ITSLEF.

Instead of whining 'why do they get a better package', TAKE THEM ON.

These gweilors came to our country and they might or MIGHT not have any value add to the country. We would not be able to know until we taste the pudding. I am not in the management of Maxis nor Astro. But I know sure if these fat cats do not perform, they will be sacked!

They is no free lunch in the world.

That is why I have to work on this sunday afternoon because I am a foreign labour in Singapore.
(wei, why foreigners who work in Malaysia is expat. And I am foreign labour ah?)

ok ok, go sack all those gweilor and let me come back and wash the company cars....

Junior

p/s: I have never used so many bold letters in my blog, this jeffooi must have made me very pissed

p/s: He has a bias blog. So have I... :D

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Junior said...

Saya tak tau dia ada udang atau ketam. Actually I dun understand the udang idiom.

I dun think he has bad intention. Maybe the customer service center did not say good morning to him.

I dun know. It does not matter....

I also wanted to take that opportunity to encourage my fellow malaysian to go OFFENSIVE and 'jump airplane' in other countries ...heheheheh

Junior

 

Post a Comment

<< Home