Monday, August 23, 2004

Inflation Inflation Inflation

Asian markets will likely rally on the back of easing oil prices, with technology counters taking the limelight as sentiments improve on the oversold sector. Oil prices overshot last week because of political events, in my view, and are likely to retreat from their highs this week.

The more I read about economics, the more confused I am. I am CONVINCED that economists themselves do not know what toking them. They are worse than Liama.

Met with one chief economist recently. She said that more and more people are believing that the rising oil prices is likely to cause 'stagflation' rather than 'inflation'. Ka Ka Ka Ka...u dun know what 'stagflation' is??? ......... Neither do I. ...:(

Her argument is, companies are not able to pass through the higher energy costs to consumer. So the company has to absorb the costs. Hence, inflation has not gone up substantially and will NOT do so (er....er...why would prices go down then?).

I like the cheif economist. That is because she is quite attractive. She showed of her Calvin Klein sport bra some more. I like that. That is why I was not paying much attention to what she said about stagflation.

But I dont agree with her. I was tempted to ask her out......and show her the 'economy'...

My view on economy is simple and I have no theory:-
  1. Singapore Airlines are charging me higher and higher price
  2. My chicken rice has gone up 30% (I am trying to convince you that bird flu is caused by rising oil price)
  3. If you have spoken to taxi driver recently and stupid enough to ask him 'uncle, how's business' - the bugger will start ^%$^&%#*^&^*&$(*^*(%(&*(#(*#....
  4. Winter is coming (not that I care...) and I dun believe the demand will not go up even higher and I am interested to see what would happen to inflation....

Inflation Inflation Inflation. It will come like a flying dagger......dun say I never warn you :D

Junior

(Me$hell, you are quite creative with your nick. I know you :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home