Saturday, August 14, 2004

Michael Owen - You Will Walk Alone

I could not sleep well last nite, reasons being: 1) My ah beng dearie, asked me to simply post any kok, I don’t know what to write and I feel too stressed; 2) The confirmation of the news that Michael Owen is leaving my favourite football club – Liverpool FC.

It’s hard to bear. After watching our very own wonder kid played for 7 years, to me, MO is the synonym of Liverpool. Remember how our heroic sportsman scored ‘that goal’ against evil-cheating-Argies in 1998 world cup, and how he trashed the Frankenstein-look-alike Olivier Khan during a match against Germany and in Super Cup, and how he ran past Tony Adams to score one of the goals that in the end, beat Liama’s Arse to lift the FA cup (though our second goalkeeper, Henchoz, contributed a lot).

I’m devastated. I feel hurt. I felt betrayed. After so long of continuous support, even when he was not performing, he chooses to leave the club despite renewed optimism, in that way, at that price.

After many tubs of Baskin Robbins ice-creams this morning, I feel better now.

Only time will tell if this is a loss to Liverpool, though I really think it will be MO’s. Just look at the time when Liverpool sold Kevin Keegan to SV Hamburg; and when Ian Rush left us to join Juventus at their peak. Keegans’ absence makes room for Dalglish to come to Anfield, and Dalglish has became one of the greatest legends of our club. Ian rush’s departure sparked another player too-Aldo. Then what happened? Rush failed spectacularly and later came back to join Liverpool.

I certainly think that this is a good time for some changes in the club, no more predictable football where you see Gerard do long pass, and MO run fast fast and scored kind of thingy. This could be a very good start for Liverpool. Baros and Cisse (and perhaps pongolle too) could be a great strike team. In fact, MO was kinda stale these two years after all those magnificent moments I mentioned in the above. So, no great loss, really, I believe we can change our play approach from now onwards and became a lot more better than when MO’s with us.

So, my last message to MO: from now on, you will be erased from my heart, and you will walk alone now. May you be overshadowed by Raul, Ronaldo and Morientes in Real Madrid. May you rot warming your ass on the bench. Wish to see you in Manchester City in 2 seasons’ time.

You all smell something sour? Damn! I think I need another tub of Baskin Robbins... :(

Good bye, Michael Owen, thanks for being a loyal servant all these years. Adios Amigo.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Junior said...

Whoa that is what I called encore man. Say it twice. I tot my english was bad. Your post just confirmed it.

Peg, u damn good lah. No sound no sound, you give me a shock.

We don't need michael owen although his departure clearly affected the team spirit. But we do not want a team to play or evolve around MO. He is not good enough and often got injured.

I admire his gut though. I think he decided to go because he want to be better. He now has to compete with Raul and Ronaldo and the other idiot.

Good for him. But I care less. In football, club come first. Player comes second. If he is not a Liverpool boy, I er....er......er....... will take down his poster in my toilet and will NEVER let him watch me pee again! What a priviledge that he has loss!

:D

Junior

 

Post a Comment

<< Home