Monday, November 22, 2004

Let's Pray Together

I like my blog because I can write whathever I like because the readership (according to the meter) is around 20 - 30 people a day. I don't feel obliged to perform and I do not shoulder any responsibility. No big boy will also bully me and threaten me. Even when I make mistakes, no one cares. They just take this blog as 'entertainment' more than 'information'. Let me remind you, this is a VERY SERIOUS BLOG.

But i hope today, after reading this blog, you will think about the issue and do whatever you can for our country.

(U can tell that I am going to write something very sensitive)

KUALA LUMPUR: Project Management Consultant (PMC), which supervises and manages government projects, has failed to control costs, designs and scope of those projects, resulting in higher costs, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said. ........

However, he said PMC’s failures should not be “over-generalised.”
Najib said the Government would also have to consider the implications of terminating the services of the PMC because many of the PMC firms were set up and owned by Bumiputra professionals.


I disagree with DPM Najib. I have to say, he does not make sensible comments most of the time. How can you treat this incident differently just because most of the firms are owned by Bumiputra 'professionals' (I would certainly quote this term...there are so many Ali Baba)?

THAT IS NOT THE POINT, MR DPM.

This is not a 'racial' issue. I support the move to 'subsidise' certain ethnic group but subsidiy given to the Bumi should also be given based on MERIT. Otherwise, they will forever take things for granted.

The point is that money has been spent INEFFICIENTLY and THERE IS NO CONTROL. 'GOVERNMENT' is supposed to GOVERN. There are simply NO CHECK AND BALANCES IN OUR CURRENT 'COUNTRY MANAGEMENT' system. In Malaysia, sometimes, someone is bigger than the system like Shaq O'neil.

It is easy to deal with this issue (in principle la. But the politics complicate the issue). Look into the matter and see whose' fault it is. Take legal action if you want to do it properly, or if he is a good friend to many important people, ASK HIM TO RESIGN. Then change the system and implement GOVERNANCE. THAT IS IT! Again, even my cat knows this. If the Government want to keep this thing low profile, they dont even have to apologise and just say that 'things have been rectified'.

In a developed country, that 'person' would have been made responsible for the 'scandal' (at least a scape goat). In our country, the rakyat do not even deserve a scape goat. Many got away unpunished.

I have to pray for a few things this week:-
  1. AH WI will be in the realm for a long long time so that our country will change. I have heard that there is a lot of politic going on and his position might not be as secured as I think. I am worried.
  2. My fellow Malaysian will wake up and do something to make our country a better place to do business.....er......er....and live. Basically, the Chinese and should I say Indian should not be so apathy (KP, spelling correct ah?). Apathy is a sin. This is so important and I have to say it twice - Apathy is a sin.

I have a dream. I dream that one day, black people, yellow people and even 'blacker' people can one day, one day sit together and talk about Liverpool.......

I really do not want to stay here and become a Singaporean.....

Junior





4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, i totaly agree with u la. this morning when i read the paper n saw what our dpm said.
it gave me a feeling that he was saying:
Ya, we know the kicthen is very dirty, but huh... if we clean it, then there is no place for the Tikus to live....

feeling Boh Song the whole morning, and no place to express until i saw ur posting and feel like saying something.

what we can do is to hope the toppest position man (Ah Wi lo) wil come out say something that is FAIR to the Rakyat... or hope for some other downest opposition party making some noise.....

I also have a dream. I dream that one day, white people, black people, yellow people and even 'blacker' people can one day, one day sleep together and talk about anything....... hehe :p

Loc Kee

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think I am your sub-editor ah? (But I can't resist, hehe)

"Basically, ..... should not be so apathy" - The spelling is correct but it's the adjective, apathetic, that should be used here.

"Apathy is (a) sin" this is correct (usage la,.. I oso guilty). KP.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Junior said...

TNS KP, I ask you for spelling, you go correct my grammar...so KBC...kakakakakakak

Kaaakakakkakakakakakakakkakakakakakakakak

(Am I mean? kakakkkakakkkak)

Loc Kee, well done! You very cool. Will contact you when I come back year end.

Junior

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Men! Jun or isit Amen?

weiii i not 4D bookie leh, if bookie, where got time to simply simply tok here ah?

haiya u wanna be sporean, go ahead lo...
then i have more chance here to wan saik

kekekeke
dun be so tidak-apa-thetic
rite on kp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home