Monday, November 08, 2004

MiTV

MITV Corporation Sdn Bhd says its set-top box, an Internet Protocol (IP)-enabled unit connected to TV antennas for programme reception, would offer more interactive features. “It is basically a PC in a box. It is smarter than the incumbent decoder,” its deputy chairman and chief executive officer Datuk Rosman Ridzwan said. However, the MiTV receiver unit is likely to be priced higher than the decoder deployed by Astro All-Asia Networks Plc.

I never understand why cable tv companies like to offer so many 'interactive' services to their customers. I mean, I know they hope more value added services to bring in extra revenue. But the point is, are these really value added services?? How many will really use these services if you HAVE to pay for it?

Being a good looking, long (ahem..I am running out of adjectives to praise myself), professional myself, I have never used ANY interactive services before. If I want to do anything interactive, I will play with my dick. Ok Ok I am sorry. Cannot be too vulgar....but I am still sick so I am a bit cranky.

If you don't believe me, go and ask 10 people nearest to you now.

'Oii, you use Astro's interactive services ah?'

I bet 50% of the people will say 'What interactive services?', and another 49% will say 'No', and get back to what they were doing. Basically, NO ONE CARES.

To me, cable TV is bloody simple. If you are a housewife, the most important thing is 'Wa Lai Toi', if you are a yuppie or youngsters, then you want MTV. If you are male, all you need is ESPN. The rest, leave them to the ladies who do not have a date.

If EPL is not showing on ESPN, I'll bet my last single sen that about 50% of the current subscriber of Astro will terminate their subscription.

ok ok, what kind of interactive services will be feasible? I can only think of a handful but none of them is legal:-

1. Empat (tiu lor, I am not even sure if this is the correct way to spell 'Four' in malay) Ekor - First cable tv must provide 4D, Toto and 3+1 results for free (my mum's request). Then, Astro can be an agent to take bet online.

2. Ascort Service - First, shows some exotic picture and buttons and get all the male aroused. When the other organ overtake the brain, they will buy anything online, including 45 years old from papua new gurney

3. Friendster - This one targets youngster. Let them chat online and do all the cyber sex they want.

If Astro could do all these, then Liama's life will be fantastic la....

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home