Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I am thinking of immigrating to New Zealand

PUTRAJAYA: A high-level Malaysian delegation has requested for talks with the Thai government to get first-hand information on last week’s incident in southern Thailand that left 87 people dead. It is learnt that Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar were to be part of the delegation to Thailand but the Thai government has asked Malaysia to defer the visit.

Sometimes I wonder what have happen to our world. 87 people die of suffocation (or almost all of them) and yet you still feel that apathy of the society.

If you ask around your work place (if you work in the gas station like Liama, you have no choice but to try your Bangladeshi workers lah), see how many of them are interested in what happened in Thailand? They are likely to know more about malaysian idol than anything else.

That is the world we live in these days.

I think it is all Bush's fault. He makes casualties look like just another statistics. I am thinking of switching back to my original position. I am hoping that Bush will lose because he really made a very serious mistake. And that mistake is not forgivable. Period.

I was thinking of writing more on the Thai incident because it would really have a great impact on Malaysia if it is not handled well. It will be like another Israel or Somalia or Russia incident. We have too many of those racial or religious driven hatret. And looking at the way Thaksin is handling this Southern Thailand thing, I am more inclined to believe that there are more problems coming.

But when 87 people die in a tragedy, you don't want to link it to KLSE.

That is they minimum respect which one can pay.

Junior

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubbish. You are conveniently simple minded and dangerously rhetorical to fault Bush for " making casualties look like another statistic". War is always a part of us.....even the heaven wages war.....and the old testament screams bloody war. The final decisive countdown is Armageddon .... casuality will become a statistic.And statistically 30% of the human race will be wiped out.

For heaven sake man........America was attacked..... 911 still burns in my mind...... Bush was the leader America needed to deal with the pain and the threat.
He had to ferret out harmful elements and so went all out to do that.He was decisive, sure and strong. Iraq under Saddam was a threat.....
I wonder if you realise there is a re-balancing of power and political borders globally .....Bush had to do what he had to do for America to remain a super power to survive.Wouldn't you?

This is my second posting.....remember the first? I said I will be back? I'm not an American.....I'm a daughter of the Malaysian soil..... no I'm not bumi (soil) either. Tomorrow we shall know......I want to see Bush re-elect.

Chow......see ya again? I'm glued to cnn.....

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Junior said...

Dear Daughter-of-Malaysia-Soil-But-NonBumi-nor-America,

Yes, America was attacked. So was Palestine, So was Iraq, So was Afganistan, So was Somalia, So was EVERYWHERE.

BUT USA day day condems whoever because their death toll reach 1000. WOW! I mean nobody likes to see casulties but there are hundred of thousands of people who died..at the same time...100 time MORE THAN US.

So, only American lifes are precious issit??

I understand he had to do something. But that does not mean that he should do something silly.

Dueh bo? :D

Junior

 

Post a Comment

<< Home