Thursday, October 14, 2004

A dog wanting to be a tiger

Talam raising high-end sales BY DANNY YAP
TALAM Corp Bhd, which is expanding its market share of the premium property sector, aims to increase the sales of high-end houses to 30% of total turnover from the current 10% by 2006. Executive chairman Tan Sri Chan Ah Chye said the company was not abandoning its commitment to the affordable home segment, but merely building more premium homes for better returns. “We also want to be recognised as a developer of quality premium homes,” he told reporters and analysts during a site visit to some of the company’s high-end properties in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.


I nearly laughed my head off when reading this article. Dun get me wrong, I am not against Talam. I am glad that we have a developer who sell affordable houses and has a market niche.

Talam selling premium houses is like:-
  1. AirAsia want to have a first class seat for its budget airlines
  2. DirectAcesss launched its Platinium Card
  3. Tesco selling bird nest
  4. Sammy Vellu wants to implement corporate governance
  5. Berita Harian wants to win the nobel prize
  6. UMNO youth wants to win the noble peace prize
  7. Y1 wants to play for liverpool
  8. Peg wants to be pamela anderson
  9. Liama wants to be tom cruise
  10. KP wants to be Shakespear
  11. TC wants to be Bill Gate
  12. Ann wants to be Rafidah
  13. etc etc

You get the idea?

It is very dangerous for a company to walk into a totally new teritory. I am not saying it is wrong. But I am saying 'dangerous'. I hope the economy will be booming damn well in the next few years that even Talam can sell premium property well. But you have a brand that sell something affordable, why do you want to confuse consumer?? JV with someone else lah say Ascott? (Junior, Ascott selling high end terrace ah?) (Junior shows middle finger and ask, 'why not?'). What is the strategy?

Do you remember Metro? They tried to operate a cruise a few years ago? U know what happened to them? They lost their pant off. The pant is in my house.

It is a dog eats dog world out there. I don't know how many times I have tell these developers.

Aikksssssssss

Junior

5 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah jun, si beh ho chio
Your anal-ogies very chun. You left out one:
like chan ah chye wanna decorate his office in post modern style!

(Sorry ah, i post anon, cos i forgot my password, n i think i made a mistake in the email thingy when i sign up)
kp

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talam selling premium houses is like:-


AirAsia want to have a first class seat for its budget airlines
DirectAcesss launched its Platinium Card
Tesco selling bird nest
Sammy Vellu wants to implement corporate governance
Berita Harian wants to win the nobel prize
UMNO youth wants to win the noble peace prize
Y1 wants to play for liverpool
Peg wants to be pamela anderson
Liama wants to be tom cruise
KP wants to be Shakespear
TC wants to be Bill Gate
Ann wants to be Rafidah
etc etc

very farneee this :P
Y1
wei i cannot play for liverpool meh... in my fantasy

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Junior said...

Y1, you can. You can play 3p with Gerrad and Cisse..
kakakakakakakkakakakaka

Junor

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Junior said...

KP, I actually the last one in my list 'etc etc', was

'Brad Pitt wants to be Junior'

But then I tot that does not go well with my natural modesty...

so I delete it...:D

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pity Jennifer Aniston if Brad Pitt decide to be Junior :)

Liama, better be Toom Cruise. Pity those babies if ... whoa ... you wanna be a Gynae ... I think all babies would be born with their tounges hang out longer like those messenger emoticons :P instead of crying !!!!

Poor me have to go to c my Gynae next week.
I dislike a Gynae, more than i dislike my doggies digging holes at the garden.

But most of all, I dislike reading Junior blogging, he never write abt me mah :), dunno why I am reading it now, plus give comments some more ... whoa ...

Guess Who ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home