Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Malaysia Boleh mah?

If you want an example of white elephant, here you go:-

Malaysia Airports launches KLIA e-timetable
MALAYSIA Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) launched the KLIA e-timetable in Madrid on Sunday evening, the first airport in Asia to offer air travellers such a facility. The e-timetable, accessible at www.klia.com.my, will enable people to plan their air travel into and out of, or via, Kuala Lumpur; and to ensure seamless connections to almost any destination in the world. It offers details on 69,384 flights, 523 airports, and 42 carriers; and linkages to specific airlines so travellers can book flights online. MAHB managing director Datuk Bashir Ahmad said the launch was “another step by MAHB towards improving its services to its customers besides promoting Malaysia as a good travel destination.’’ While most e-timetables can be downloaded onto laptops or desktop computers, the KLIA e-timetable is unique in that it can also be downloaded to personal digital assistants and pocket PCs. The file does not require a large memory space, and many users can log on at any one time.

Datuk Bashir AhmadBashir declined to disclose how much it cost MAHB to provide the facility
.

OK la, Although I don't really know how UNIQUE the thingie is, let's not write them off and give them the benefit of the doubt.

OK la, if it is not unique, let's hope that it works....

I went to the website, and tried out personally how Malaysia Boleh the website is. I am pleasantly surprised to find that ALL THOSE THINGS THAT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT, TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE:-

  1. The default setting is stupid - they dun even automatically check a few items for you
  2. The timetable icon is as small as Liama's er...er.......XXXXXXXXX (Censored) and you are likely to miss it
  3. The website returned with cute information - I tried to check the KUL-SHA-KUL flight (Dep 3 Oct, Arival 14 Oct) for fun. I found my 'direct' flights via PEK (ok, I shouted what is PEK? PEK is Beijing dude....).....my geography is not flash...but I absoluately do not believe that I need to go Beijing first before reaching Shanghai. I have taken the direct flight to Shanghai 234,857 times ....
  4. Most importantly, no matter which cities (Other than departing from KL) I 'click' and check out the flight schedule, the system returns with NO RESULTS....

Malaysia MANA boleh????

In the internet world, the users give you only ONE chance. OK lah, some kind ones give you the second chance. U screw me up like that once, I will never come back......

Also, what is the value add of the entire e-timetable? I could have gone to another 239,473,329 travel agent sites which give me the SAME information yet allow me to book the ticket and PLAN my trip.

This is a perfect example of wasting corporate money on something useless and do not generate a single cent revenue (not to mention the bad publicity).


If I were them, I will use the money to maintain the airport better......at least more watercooler machines....and more smoking rooms (Newbie, this is for you...:D...dun say I am not fair)

Ok ok, Junior, what should we do? the only way to get even with these management people is to attend the AGM and eat all the food. Seriuosly.


Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home