Thursday, September 30, 2004

Malaysian Mentality

Do you know why there are so many people selling mobile phone, VCD and ring tones in Malaysia?

Because they make more money then those who spent donkey years in college doing a law, accountacy or medical degree. If you are a fresh accounting, law or medical grad, your starting salary ranges from RM 1800 to RM 2500, if not less.

Those with a general Business Degree. Congratulations! You might be a bank officer in the current account department approving cheque payments! WOW! How nice.

We can go down the list, IT, Engineering etc. All are equally bad. If you choose a weird degree to do like ere.....er.....er...sociology, forestry etc. You can go back to your hometown and help your family business.

Unless your family is loaded, it is basically stupid to be a professional in Malaysia.

I don't blame my friend who went overseas to work. I really don't (Liama and Peg, I know you are cursing: 'You bloody hell yourself is overseas'.....me different, me foreign labour)

What upset me most is the mentality of some idiots in our country. THEY REALLY have no idea how the world has changed. Let's read this:-

In Malaysia, Professor Zainal Abidin Kidam, dean of the Graduate School of Management at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), is also not overly concerned with the increased competition because of the affordability of its courses. “The number of failures of foreign-based MBA programmes, in recent years, is an indicator of the relatively low demand for more expensive [and perceived to be higher-quality] MBA programmes,” he says. “In the case of UPM, we have in fact continually received steady growth in the number of applicants because our tuition fees are still within the range that is considered affordable by local students.”

You really want to laugh at this Professor Zainal, don't you? While other uni like NUS is saying 'Game On' to their foreign competitors with the like of Chicago Business School, Insead, Macquarie etc, by IMPROVING their course material, research, NETWORKING etc, WE MALALYSIAN UNIVERSITY focus on COSTs!. You think you are selling plastic products MEH!

It is a dog eat dog world out there, Professor Zainal.

Professor Zainal, if I want to focus on Costs, I will do LCCI. It is less than RM1,000. I can also take up cooking.

For goodness sake, those who do an MBA course are usually movivated and goal getter. They want something that could give them a er...er...competitive advantage and learn something. Instead of offering them something special, you sell them CHEAP stuff which is precisely what they dont want.

To be honest, I am really grateful that we have this quota system in our education.

I really won't let my children to go into local university.

Harsh and unpatriotic, you might say. But you don't have to live with my children. I do (like I have one).

Junior


1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Junior said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home