Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Model Confession

Mutu spoke:-

BUCAREST, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Romanian striker Adrian Mutu, dismissed by English Premier League club Chelsea for taking cocaine, said on Tuesday he would continue his career in England or Italy after completing a seven-month ban.
**********
'The English would support me with all my bad and good things,' he added. 'It wasn't the English people who determined me to take drugs. My life was totally unprofessional. So it's up to me to come back.'
*********
'I think I can control myself but I need the full support of this great man who is (my psychotherapist) Peter Kay,' Mutu, said. 'The FA asked for a (drug) test once a month but I asked for weekly tests to go on for two years after my ban expires.'
**********
'What I want to tell to any player tempted to take drugs is that eventually he will lose everything: club, national team, family,' he added.
*********
Mutu, who was wearing his wedding ring at the news conference, said he found peace and support over the past two weeks near his former wife TV presenter and actress Alexandra Dinu and his three-year-old son Mario.

*********
'I ask God not to put my son in the situation to choose one day between taking drugs or refusing them,' Mutu, who had confessed he took drugs because he felt sad and lonely, said.

I cannot tell whether this man is really sincere because he has never played mahjong with Ronaldo, Michael Owen, Beckham and ME. Basically I dun know him well enough. He can also be sincere at this hour, and may not be able to carry his 'speech' out in the long run.

But I must admit that it was one hellova confession and that is the right way:-
  1. Admit your mistake
  2. Apologise
  3. Seek help
  4. Seek strength and courage from someone (God, family etc)
  5. Never do it again

I think Thaksin should learn from Mutu. He should apologise SINCERELY. He really has not handled the Southern Thailand issue well . I might not know very well what's the root of the problem (as a foreigner, you never know the true story) and I do not want to be an arm chair critic (Junior, ^&%#$%*^$ nia seng, you have been doing that in the past few months DAY DAY). But I am entitled to my own view ma.

Using strong forces against the 'rebel' in Southern Thailand is, in my view, not the right way.

There is no reason why you could not invite the other party to sit down and have a cup of tea. Cool down and start talking. Give and take. If they want more autonomy, then give them the damn autonomy as long as they don't seek independence.

Nothing is more important than lifes and I believe more lifes will be taken away in Southern Thailand. And you can never say that 6 million muslims are MINORITY.

Hope this is not another Israel- Palestinian thingie in Asia....

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home