Tuesday, June 14, 2005

1 Wedding

I have said many times before my wedding that wedding is NOT for the groom, it is for everyone else. That was because there were a lot of big and small decisions in relation to the wedding. Most of the time, the groom does not have the say otherwise, if the groom is fussy, there will be a lot of tension (no. of table la, who sit where la, who get which table la, church flower la, car la, etc). So, it is better if the groom is more Chin-Chai (easy going). So, I said wedding is not for the groom but everyone else.

But I was wrong. Very wrong.

The wedding made me realised that I have a lot of friends and family members who take care of me well. One cannot organise a good wedding without any help from friends, immediate family and relatives.

Initially, I wanted to have a simple wedding. That was to fly her immediate family and my immediate family to Las Vegas and get blessed there. Alternative solution was to do that in Bali. In the end, I have a FULL DAY event:-

8.30 am Pick up bride
10 30 am Tea Ceremony (bride side)
12.00 pm Tea Ceremony (Groom side)
4.30 pm Church Solemnisation
7.30 pm Banquet

My brother team (about 20 of them) virtually spent the whole day with me or running around like a dog to help me out (even though I have a wedding planner) or to pick up the family to attend the church.

A drove us the whole day. B came to the rehersal for a few times. C delivered the car to me. D made the yam cake. E organised my stag nite. F checked the dinner bill. G drank on behalf of me. H busy looking for glasses for yam seng. I sent everyone home when everyone is drunk. J found me the wonderful wine for the banquet. K sang on my wedding. L took 2 days off to practice and play the guitar. M gave a speach. N read a scripture. O helped to pick up friends from overseas, P helped to pacify some guests, Q lent you the car. R designed the wedding bulletin. S printed me the wedding card. T video cam the exciting moments for me. U (and many U) ate a lot of funny things when picking up the bride. V distibuted all the invitation cards. W organised the flower boys and girls. X who supported me financially. Y drove all the way from KL. Z flew in from other countries............I can go on and on.....

That is on top of all the dirty work which has been done by the wedding planer and team.

I am glad that I did a FULL DAY wedding. Unfortunately, I cannot do it every year......:D

Junior

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

photos leh?
of those drunkards...:D
y1

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Junior said...

Twinsmom, good looking people usually have extra benefits :D

kkakaakakakakaka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home