Thursday, February 24, 2005

Good Call

Telekom announces VSSBy B.K. SIDHU
Telekom Malaysia Bhd announced a voluntary separation scheme (VSS) yesterday – possibly the biggest in Malaysia’s corporate history – that may involve the departure with benefits of more than 3,000 employees. The subsequent cost savings on wages after the VSS will help the group achieve comparable or higher efficiency relative to other regional telcos. Telekom expects up to 10% or 3,050 of its employees to take up the VSS. The group has a total workforce of 30,500.


I am trying to write a few good things about Malaysia recently (cannot day day scold rite?) hoping that IRB will tax me less this year (Junior, you go home and sleep la)....

But seriously, I am impressed with Telekom decision. Offering VSS during good time requires GUT. Ok, Ok, Datuk Abdul Wahid Omar (the CEO), I admit that your ball is bigger than mine....

I can also say this here. I really believe that after firing the 10% workforce, Telekom will not be any less efficient......

TNB WAKE UP!

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home