Friday, April 08, 2005

No money, don't die maaaaan...

I went to Mount Elizabeth Hospital for the medical check up. I have read many times that Singapore is the medical hub for SEA countries. Malaysia have always wanted to develop this industry and wanted to compete with them. (Thank God, I dun have to visit the Malaysia hospitals often. I went to a few like the Subang Medical Center and Pantai. I can accept Suband Medical. But Pantai is er....er......in fact very 'errrrr' only. )

Mount Elizabeth Hospital is just a stone throw away from Orchard Road.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It is an old building but boy, the services which they offer are really complete. HEALTHCARE IS REALLY A BUSINESS ......... I mean not that I have never heard of it. But I did not know that it can go this far....

Not only they offer hotel services, they also offer special program like Weight Management Center for certain people. Not impressed? They even have PROMOTIONS... Promotion for healthcare...can you believe it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Can u imagine this? It is like someone shouting on the street:-

"Hey mate! are you ok? Do you want to do a cataract operation? Good deal mannn, we have promotion"

"Wow, what is the discount? whoa, 25% ah....ok ok I want to do"

"Whoa, so cheap ah..I also want to do"

Mount E is extremely professional. They even offer STATISTIC information. For example I gathered that the 50th Percentile of the Colonoscopy bill is S$840 whilst the 90th Percentile is around S$1,260. If other words, average people pay $840 for scoping their colon...and 10% of the people have to pay more than $1,260 (maybe because theirs are really tight.... )

Mannnn....... I wonder if their do analysis on these statistic. What is the Standard Deviation leh? Do I need to know the Bid Ask price?

Not happy with the above? They even have packages (value meal??)....check this out....

Mount E is owned by Parkway Ltd. They CERTAINLY ARE COMMERCIAL AND THEY ARE NOT SHY ABOUT THAT. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL ABOUT IT.

My 'package' (in McDonald, they call this value meal) is pretty comprehensive (when they look at your stool, it has to be kua). And the arrangement is also very smooth. The nurses know what they are doing and they dont keep you waiting. They are there to work things out for you. The only hiccup I had was in the X-Ray section where this girl had to do the 'ultra sound' (or something like that la) on me. She asked me to take off my T-Shirt...So I did. Then she said

"Wait ah....Let me key in your data first"

WTF, so I was 'topless' for 5 minutes....it was so cold in the room...... I was freezing..... I think she just wanted to see my nipple....

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home