Wednesday, March 23, 2005

De-peg good or bad?

Ah-Computerer-Fei-Chai-Don't-Want-Proton-Loc-Kee, I last did my econ when I was doing my STPM until now, I dunt even know how to spell economy in Malay...but let me try.

The currency issue is a big issue. First you must understand the history of this currency in US currency where the Bretton Wood system was abolished many years ago. It is also important to know the supply and demand for our RM currency and analyse the trend. Watch closely the trade partners movement ie. our import and export with US, China and Singapore. Central banks worldwide are also buy more Euro and less US. Then pay attention to the inflation rate and the interest rate differencial between RM and US. Once you have understand all that, ignore them...because the short answer is, if your company pays you in US$ and you convert it yourself, then NO GOOD because RM will appreciate if de-peg. If they pay you in RM, then NO Difference.

Like that can ah?

Junior

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Loc Kee said...

hui, please call my name properly:
Ah-Computerer-Don't-Want-Proton-Loc-Kee
me and Fei chai has no relation at all!!!

Wa, See not out woh! a food court worker in singkapor can be that 'high hand' wo. really pui fok.
Tiu lo..... now i need to start worry lo... my pay will be cutting soon. cham!! wei i need to buy milk and lampin oso ka, don't KL food court still got place or not leh......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home