Friday, January 28, 2005

Never say never.....

I went to the Traffic Police Singapore HQ this morning to sort out my driving license issue. Since they decided not pick up my call yesterday, I was all gear up to give them hell. When I was there, I found out that my Malaysian license had expired. So I said "tiu lor....I have to come again....". But I decided to give it a try and prayed damn hard that the girl (not auntie this time) would not spot it. SURE ENOUGH, she found it. So I said to myself again "tiu lor....I have to come again...". She called her supervisor and told him that my malaysian driving license had JUST expired, if he could counter sign my form, there should be no problem. The supervisor looked at me and said ' Never do this again ha' and signed the form. Of course I said 'Certainly, SIR' (but deep down in my heart I was like, wei...who wants to apply license twice?). The whole process including the Q time was only half an hour. Most importantly, the girl and the supervisor did not give me that kind of look like they had done me a big favour. They just got on with it......

I felt so ashamed again......Here is the guy who had been cursing you since 24 hours ago...now you treat me like this....sigh.....So I decided to look at how many laws (Christian 'rules') that I have broken:-
  • Worship God, not idols (Ex. 20:3-4).
  • Honor your parents (Eph. 6:1-3).
  • Do not murder (Ex. 20:13).
  • Do not commit adultery (Heb. 13:4).
  • Do not lie (Ex. 20:16; Eph. 4:15,25).
  • Do not covet (Ex. 20:17; Rom. 7:7-8).
  • Do not lust (Mt. 5:27-28).
  • Forgive others (Mk. 11:25; Eph. 4:32).
  • Love God and your neighbor (Mk. 12:28-31).
  • Be holy (1 Pet. 1:16).
  • Do not marry an unbeliever (1 Cor. 7:39; 2 Cor. 6:14-15).
  • Help a brother in need (1 Jn. 3:16-19).
  • Don't take a Christian to court (1 Cor. 6:1-8).
  • Do not steal (Eph. 4:28).
  • Be reconciled quickly to the person with whom you have a dispute (Mt. 5:23-24).
  • Tell the truth (Prov. 12:22).
  • Don't try to get rich quick (Prov. 28:22).
  • Put your treasures in heaven (Mt. 6:20).
  • Don't follow the crowd (Rom. 12:1-2).
  • Be subject to authorities (Rom. 13:1-4).
  • Choose the best (Phil. 4:8).
  • Work for God, not your boss (Col. 3:23).
  • Be faithful (1 Cor. 4:2).
  • Don't be enslaved (1 Cor. 6:12).
  • Treat your body as God's temple (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
  • Glorify God in everything (1 Cor. 10:31).
  • Live by grace, not legalism (Gal. 5:1-6).
  • Don't give Satan opportunity (Eph. 4:27).
  • Use your tongue to edify (Eph. 4:29).
  • Seek the good of others (Phil. 2:3-4).
  • Work hard (1 Th. 4:11-12).

Well the answer is 3......tiu lor (wei, say foul language is also wrong ah?)....ok ok, if you have nothing better to do, please call this number +65 6547 6073 and say 'Thank you' for me......

Junior

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

debt consolidation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home