Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Liverpool

This morning, I was ready to bash Liverpool like there was no tomorrow. Basically wanted to say that the current liverpool squad is even smaller than the Puchong F.C and Dudek eats money.....etc

Then I read about Liverpool coming from behind (TC, not what you think....) to beat Charlton 2:1 and claimed a very important 3 points. .......

Rafael Banitez is definitely a much better manager than Houllier. If Liverpool were still under Houllier, they surely would have lost the match. I wrote in Nomore forum that there are no more than 5 players in Liverpool who are good or fit enough to play....I was not joking. But I am happy that Hyppia and Garcia and Smicer are coming back....

I went to the soccernet to dig out the Liverpool squad, you will know what I mean....

Jerzy Dudek - Eat money all the time. I am sure! Surprisingly conscience struck last night
Scott Carson - Scott who?
Chris Kirkland - Always injured - say 35 weeks in a year?
Patrice Luzi Bernardi - I tot this was a girl
Sami Hyypia - Still good but getting old
Mauricio Pellegrino - Yawn......
Gonzalez Josemi - Double Yawn.....
Djimi Traore - If he played in Columbia, he would have been shot a couple of times
Jamie Carragher - Very good player. One of my fav. A handsome unsung hero...
David Raven - David who?
Jon Otsemobor - Jon who?
Zak Whitbread - ?????
Steve Finnan - Good player but not top class yet. Final ball is letting me down (as if I am the manager)
John Arne Riise - Decent la...but I never really like him...he is the most clumsy left wing I have ever seen.....but surprisingly he scores!
Harry Kewell - Always injured...not that good also...
Steven Gerrard - This has to be the best that they have lor..But when he plays well and the press kept saying that he shoulders the team..this is doing no good to liverpool. luckily he was rather quite last night....good for the team in terms of spirit
Sanz Luis Garcia - Sometimes, he is very good. Sometimes, he is no better than my mao-mi
Vladimir Smicer - I like him. But he is still injured...i.e not 100% yet
Xabi Alonso - I also like him although it is still early to judge. But he is injured
Dietmar Hamann - ok la.....not fantastic no horrible
Antonio Nunez - I wonder why we need him.....
Igor Biscan - I dont think he is good.....
Richie Partridge - Never heard before
Stephen Warnock - Very important player. When Liverpool is leading in the last few minutes..say 89 or 90th minute, he will come out and substitute say Baros...this will waste approx. 15 second of the clock.....very important..!!!
Darren Potter - Harry Potter?
Mark Smyth - huh?
Robbie Foy - oh.....never seen him play
Milan Baros - He is good, isn't he?
Djibril Cisse - I also like him, but he is again...injured....
Fernando Morientes - Too early to call
Florent Sinama Pongolle - I like him. Very quick, very decisive...very creative...star quality
Neil Mellor - I hate him. I hate him with a passion. He thinks he could play because he scored an important goal...but to me, he is mediocre...

You see, You see, we only have (i.e those fit enough to play only) - Gerrard, Baros, Hypia and Carragher to play at the moment....other so so or just came back from injury include Garcia, Morientes, Finnan and Risse..... but still must put up with crap like josemi, traore, dudek, nunez, pellegrino....who get to play even though they know that they are useless..

Sigh.......

Junior

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger eyeris said...

Dude, Pellegrino's partnership with Ayala was one of the main reasons why Valencia won the La Liga last season lar... But he fell out of favor with Ranieri. he IS getting old, and not as fast as some strikers in the EPL. But he has the experience, and should be ok once he gets used to the EPL.

As for the youngsters, I take it you don't play Championship Manager? :) I'd really like to see them play more. players like WArnock, Welsh, and yes, Mellor.

Riise's attacking qualities are better than his defensive ones, but he's still the best left-back we have.

Anyway, you read my blog. I think the squad IS good, but still needs to gel properly. Next season shouhld be much more interesting. :)

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Junior said...

U are rite, I dun play the manager thingie...because er....er..... wor bu hui..... and I am too old for that..

I also need to work...blogging already rip off my boss. If I play the manager thingie, he will ban internet from office....

To me, Merlor (wine) is crap. He really is. I know the stats thing in the manager league. Statistic is very GENERAL but player is very specific. If you like that dude, you like that dude. Statistic cannot tell how sharp the fella is. This Mellor is just average and cannot play for Liverpool. Southampton yes....

Riise ok la...he is not 'jing leng'

BTW, i hope you understand chinese, otherwise, very hard to understand me...because I am ah beng, a good looking one...

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger eyeris said...

Championship Manager is not an online Manager game. it's a PC game, and it IS very addictive. :)

Mellor just needs more games lar.

And no worries, I understand Chinese. :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger sashi said...

No one's too old for Championship Manager, dude! :D

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Junior said...

ok la, for you I will like Mellor a little more, at least next time I will not call him 'Sei Fei Chai'....

Both of you pls dun teach me how to play the manager thingie....unless you want me to be out of job and day day play games.....

I bet both of you wish that you can cut off your fingers so that you dun have to play the Championship manager....

:D

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh CM, quite possibly one of the best games ever created on the PC.But I agree with you. Mellor is mediocre and he moves like a tank. Pelle has the skills, just he is a bit too slow. Good as backup but nothing more. Carra is still in the running for the LIverpool plater of the season award for me. Always gives 110 % in games.Let's hope Nandos goal is the first of many for pool :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home