Friday, December 17, 2004

www.cac.org.my

If you have known me long enuff, you'd know that I am not one who listens. Today is an exception:-

"The social instability and personal insecurity caused by corruption taints our economy and collective well-being."

Corruption, he argues, is caused more by bad systems than bad people. How true. If the system is not transparent, it provides opportunities for crooked officials to make money.Puvan says: "Human nature is tested when opportunity for profits exists -- when accountability is low and rewards are great; when fear of being caught is absent and when practice is condoned by silence." The latter is telling indeed. How long have we been silent observers when systems break down and greed takes control of people in high office?

I wrote on the bad people a few weeks ago during the China Aviation Oil saga. But I think my post/view was not comprehensive. It is indeed a bad system which leads to fraud and corruption. Please read the original article in full.

"Corruption practice is condoned by silence"

Well said, well said......fucking well said....

Junior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home